I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should I ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using my services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
I may change this policy from time to time and I suggest that you regularly check this page to ensure that you continue to be comfortable with the measures that I am taking to protect your privacy. This policy is updated on 25th May 2018 to comply with the new Data Protection Legislation, GDPR.
By visiting www.EmmaHughesCounselling.com (my site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What is my lawful bases for processing?
The lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. The lawful bases I apply whenever I process personal data is:
(a) Consent: the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Information I may collect.
You may give me information about you such as name, address and phone number by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. I may receive information about you from other sources, such as Google Analytics, or if you use any of the other services I provide. I do not have a contact form on this website so you cannot give me any personal details in this way.
With regard to each of your visits to my site, I may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
· Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of my site.
· Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way my site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to my site. This enables us to personalise my content for you and remember your preferences.
The internet industry body, the Internet Advertising Bureau, has set up a website to provide information and advice on cookies: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/. Another source which gives information about how to delete and control cookies is http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
How technical information is stored by Wix.com
· Wix.com is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, and therefore adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles: for more information see https://support.wix.com/en/article/general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
Uses made of the information
I will use your information:
· to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me;
· to notify you about changes to my service
· to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
All my dealings with you and any information that I have about you is confidential except when I may have a legal obligation to share, such as terrorism, money laundering and radicalisation.
Access to information
You can request access to the personal information that I hold about you. I will provide this except in the limited circumstances in which I am permitted not to.
You may request amendments to the personal information I hold about you that is inaccurate or out-of-date. If you request that I delete your personal information, I will do so unless I need to keep it for legal purposes.
Wix.com states that
· In accordance with the GDPR, site visitors have the right to access their data or "be forgotten" (to be permanently deleted from your databases). Wix has developed two main tools to ensure in becoming GDPR compliant: and that this can take place if a client asks to be accessed or deleted (be forgotten).
Complaints, questions, comments and access requests should be first addressed to Emma Hughes, the data controller at email@example.com. Should your complaint not be resolved to your satisfaction you can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk
Data Protection Registration reference: ZA242887 https://ico.org.uk/